WHAT WE DO
Jasper+Black is a Minneapolis-based manufacturer specializing in functional trend-forward products for the stationery, gift, and office supply categories. We are strategic brand, product development and sourcing experts supported by a global supply chain that delivers what you need, where you need it, on budget and on time. We are a supplier to retailers, brands and distributors of our own-brand product as well as private label goods.
STRATEGIC BRAND-RIGHT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & SOURCING
- Applying brand expertise from CPG, gift and licensing sectors, we assess your unique proposition to collaborate with you on product needs, design and a rationalized assortment. We believe every tangible product that bears your brand should be useful, “retail-quality,” and thoughtfully designed to reflect your unique equity.
- Experienced developing branded, promotional and private label product for distinguished brands including The Container Store and J. Crew, among others, we focus on delivering desirable, useful, trend-right products that end users desire.
- Our global supply chain and sourcing capabilities extend to partners here in the US, as well as China, Vietnam, India and beyond. We develop product from idea/design through manufacturing and final delivery.
- High compliance scores demonstrate our expertise at managing complex vendor compliance and risk management and the ability to be adept and adaptive to requirements such as factory audits, specialized packaging, EDI, transportation routing, billing and more.
PAPER CATEGORY EXPERTISE & BEYOND
- We excel at designing and sourcing paper-based printed items including notebooks, diaries, pads, filing, stickers, sticky notes, desktop organization, and gift packaging including bags, wrap, boxes, tags and ribbon. Known for our speed and color management expertise, we also offer international print brokerage for customers supplying their own print-ready items.
- J+B is Forest Stewardship Council®-certified by the Rainforest Alliance. FSC® certification helps take care of forests and the people and wildlife that call them home. FSC® License FSC®-C131525. The FSC & Rainforest Alliance marks on finished product demonstrates your organization’s commitment to responsible sourcing.
- Not limited to just paper, we have experience sourcing complementary categories including small cut and sew accessories (luggage tags, card cases, bags, etc.), writing instruments, cork and dryerase boards, and functional plastics.
- Retailers include Container Store, Meijer, Crate & Barrel, Solutions, Gilt, Pottery Barn Teen, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Zulily, MoMA, Anthropologie, Penguin, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, etc.
- Brand/Promotional includes Stuart Weitzman, Clos du Bois, Rembrandt Toothpaste, Michael Stars, Ritz Carlton, General Mills, Paramount, Metropolitan Museum, etc.
We fell in love with the fresh design work being done around the world and wanted to bring these modern ideas to life through gifts and paper products. We launched Jasper+Black in 2007 as an exclusive distributor for leading European stationery brands such including: Archie Grand, AtomicSoda, Christian Lacroix Papier, Designers Guild, Fabrica (Benetton) & Orla Kiely. In 2011, we acquired Mayfair Lane and transformed its range into a new brand, Lulalu, with a completely re-imagined product portfolio.
Jeremy Black, Managing Partner, grew up in the book and gift business and has 20+ years of professional experience in retail merchandising, marketing, product development and licensing across multiple categories including stationery, art supplies, books, and giftware in mass and mid-tier retail channels. Prior to Jasper+Black, Jeremy was with a top 125 global licensing company and managed over 200 licenses in stationery, gift, and home textiles categories and consulted for a range of clients including Best Buy, Designers Guild, and Kelle & Company.
DyShaun Muhammad, Partner, is a diversified strategic leader with 18+ years of experience in consumer marketing and business management. Prior to J+B he had PNL responsibility for a $600 Million portfolio of businesses at General Mills and led national consumer brands including Totino’s Pizza, Green Giant, Betty Crocker, Bisquick, Honey Nut Cheerios and Lloyd’s Barbecue. DyShaun was with Epsilon Agency as SVP Client Leadership, leading integrated shopper marketing for clients including Johnson & Johnson, Keurig, and Georgia Pacific. DyShaun is currently Global Head of Branding Marketing - Uber Eats, leading the development and profitable deployment of Uber Eat's brand strategy and integrated activation plans for both B-to-B and B-to-C spheres of business.
To learn more about how we can help you with your private label and promotional product needs, please contact us: